Monday, August 18, 2008

Decision to Post the Whole Exchange

I originally wasn't going to post the whole exchange regarding WBEZ and Vocalo publicly. Frankly, I didn't think it was necessary. I had entered the text into a private blog to share it more easily with a group of colleagues who also donate to WBEZ, so we could try to understand what in the world is going on in management at Chicago Public Radio right now.

But then I received some more information. I realized that there is a lot more to the story of what is going on at WBEZ then is being told. Torey isn't going to tell it. I'm not sure that the Board knows of the extent of it. The current staff aren't going to talk about it because they don't want to risk their jobs.

The hiring freeze doesn't seem to begin to scratch the surface of what seems to be happening there. And what is happening there sounds pretty awful and doesn't really match up with the emails that I received from Torey Malatia.

So, leave it in the comments. Speak up about what you know or what you'd like to know. Or send me an email if you'd like to remain anonymous. jeanmari1 (at) yahoo (dot) com

Thanks.

No comments: