Thursday, August 14, 2008

12th email: From T. Malatia

date Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 7:45 AM
subject RE: FW: Cancelling my pledge to WBEZ


It was a lovely evening, Jeanne Marie, thank you. I spent it working on an article on polyculturalism in today’s electronic media that I hope will be published in a professional journal later this fall.

I think you’ll find, over time, as Vocalo.org develops its style, sea legs, and audience, that there will be increasing and quite blatant cross-fertilization between the two services. That’s been in the plan since the very beginning (and I referenced this in my Current article, as you may recall). I think some board members wish this would be more the case with our other projects. I know from the beginning staff here had hoped for more opportunities to be part of the production of This American Life, for example, but for reasons that stem from the artistic vision of the program, we keep TAL production segregated from 91.5 daily work.

Thanks for your interest and support. I’m sorry you feel it necessary to withdraw, but I hope you will reconsider someday soon. In the meantime, stay well, and listen now and then, if you feel up to it, that is.

Torey

Torey Malatia

President and General Manager
Chicago Public Radio

WBEZ 91.5 FM, Chicago;
WBEW 89.5 FM, Chesterton;
WBEQ 90.7 FM, Morris;
W217BM, Elgin

No comments: